Houston Dash re-sign Super Falcons defender Michelle Alozie

Super Falcons of Nigeria defender Michelle Alozie has signed a new contract with the National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL) team Houston Dash.

The 25-year-old Alozie signed a new contract with Houston Dash announced on Thursday, December 8, 2022.

After representing the Tennessee Lady Volunteers in college, Alozie joins her first professional team the Houston Dash in 2021.

In a message on the official Houston Dash website, Alozie explained the reason she renewed her contract with the club.

“To start of my professional career [here], it’s just been really nice and welcoming. The team has been really cool to me. Now, obviously, there’s been a lot of changes, but I feel like just the core of the team has been a major factor of me like wanting to stay,” Alozie said.

Alozie also says that Houston, as a community, has given her a lot of comfort off the pitch as well, which has helped her growth in all aspects of her life.

“I grew up in San Diego and in certain parts it has a very high POC population. I also see that here in Houston, and it makes me feel at home,” Alozie said. “It’s nice to see people that look like you around you, so that makes me feel at home. There’s such a large Nigerian community here and helps me stay in tune with my roots and so that’s why I feel like it feels like home.”

She featured for the Nigerian women’s team that finished fourth at the 2022 Women’s Africa Cup of Nations (WAFCON) in Morocco.

To celebrate her new contract, Alozie took to social media to show off her style with curves in a bikini.

Alozie represents Nigeria at an international level and helped the Super Falcons qualify for the 2023 FIFA Women’s World Cup next year after competing in the 2022 Women’s Africa Cup of Nations this past summer.


Credit : realradio 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ottasolo continue fine start to season

Aruna returns to top 20 in latest ITTF Ranking.

The maiden edition, of the end of the year Adeshina FC novelty match.