BREAKING: Mascherano steps down as Argentina U20 coach after World Cup exit against Nigeria.

Javier Mascherano decided not to renew his contract with the Argentina U20 team after being eliminated at the South American Championship.

The former Barcelona and Liverpool player has reportedly taken the decision to have another coach replace him in the position.

After being knocked out of the South American Championship, Javier Mascherano took the decision not to renew his contract with the Argentina U20 team. The former Barcelona and Liverpool player was not happy about being left out of the next World Cup.

Mascherano while responding to questions after the match told Buenos Aires Times that he has tendered his resignation letter to the President of the Argentina Football Association, Claudio Tapia, he added that he would like to continue in the position if the president rejects his resignation letter.

“I have great relationship with AFA President, Claudio Tapia, and I will continue until he doesn’t want me. He has my my resignation letter on his desk but my idea is to continue because I feel I am good enough for this role and as long as they believe the same I will be here.”



Credit : Reelradio.com.ng 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ottasolo continue fine start to season

Aruna returns to top 20 in latest ITTF Ranking.

The maiden edition, of the end of the year Adeshina FC novelty match.